Results of the Inaugural Interactive Fund and Digital Media Development Envelope
Following are the results of the Interactive Fund and Digital Media Development Envelope program. These programs were created in partnership between British Columbia Film and the BC Arts Council with funding provided by the 2010 Sports and Arts Legacy.
The Interactive Fund was intended to support the production of high quality, original interactive digital media content owned and controlled by BC companies or individuals. The recipients are:
- Drew Ann Wake (with project “River Journey”);
- Brenda Bailey of Silicon Sisters Interactive (with project “School 26”);
- Delna Bhesania of Bardel Entertainment (with project “Silverwing: Shadows of the Sky”);
- Pierre Lapointe of Shared Books Limited (with an art history interactive books series);
- Justin Love of Limbic Media (with an interactive film & video series);
- Andrew Williamson of Off Island Films (with project “Spiral”);
- Matt Walters of Tyze Personal Networks (with a web-based e-learning program for caregivers); and
- Douglas Coupland (with “Project X Apps”).
The Digital Media Development Envelope was intended to provide film or television based entertainment companies with an envelope of money to support a range of eligible interactive digital media activities. The recipients are:
- Anaid Entertainment;
- Atomic Cartoons;
- Force Four Productions;
- HC Legacy Media;
- Lark Productions;
- Make Believe Media;
- Of the Land Productions;
- Out to See Entertainment;
- Paperny Films Development;
- Resonance Films;
- Sheep Noir Films; and
- Virtue Studios.
Applications were reviewed through a competitive jury process composed of industry professionals. The successful projects were chosen from the 153 applications submitted to these programs.
British Columbia Film is an independent, not-for-profit society established by the provincial government in 1987. It has the mandate to expand and diversify the film, television and digital media sector in British Columbia.
The BC Arts Council is an independent agency that supports the arts and cultural community by providing financial assistance, research, advocacy and public education.